KyleG | Apr 30, 2019 | 0
Butcher Box  – Is it the best food subscription for you?
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links (what is this?)Butcher Box might just be your new favorite thing, if you’re looking for an awesome food subscription box,
And we get it…
…in a sea of endless subscription boxes, finding the right one can be a bit of a challenge.
This rundown should give you all the information you need to make an informed decision on whether or not it’s the right food subscription service for you.
Butcher Box is a food subscription service that – much like all the others – delivers ready-to-cook meals directly to your door for a monthly fee.
This subscription specializes in shipping roughly 24 meals per month filled with 100% grass-fed beef, organic free-range chicken, and/or heritage bred pork in 5 different box plans:
The All Beef Box – 8-10 lbs. @ $129/month
The Beef & Chicken Box – 8.5-11 lbs. @ $129/month
The Beef & Pork Box – 8-11 lbs. @ $129/month
The Mixed Box – 8.5-11 lbs. @ $129/month (beef, pork and chicken)
The Custom Box – 9-14 lbs. @ $149/month (this one ships 30 meals instead of 24)
The Custom Box costs a little more than the other four, but offers more meat. Plus, while the cuts you receive in those boxes are selected by curators, the Custom Box gives you the ability to select your own cuts.
The prices and amount of meats in the plans above are all relative to Butcher Box’s “Classic Box” Each of them can be upgraded to a “Big Box” which doubles the amount of meat you receive at a little less than twice the price.
They also allow you to add other meats like bacon to whichever subscription you choose (for a little extra cash, of course.)
And if you’re a college student…
…Butcher Box has partnered with UniDays, which will save you $20 on every box, plus you get free bacon!
Finally, they ship all their meats with dry ice which ensures they stay cool while in transit. If the dry ice evaporates completely and your meat isn’t cold to the touch, contact customer service and they’ll replace and re-ship your order free of charge (but this isn’t a normal occurrence so don’t worry too much about it.)
Want to get this box for yourself or as a gift for someone?
Here are some of the cuts of meat you can expect to receive in your very own box. All meat amounts are according to the Custom Box choices and may be different in curated boxes.
Prices are the cost of the curated box, not the individual items.
|Image||Product Name||Best Feature||Price|
|Whole Chicken||3.5-4.5 lbs. of organic chicken with no added hormones or antibiotics.||$129|
|Baby Back Ribs||2-3 lbs. of pork baby back ribs, perfect for your next barbeque.||$129|
|Filet Mignon||Two 6oz. Filets fill up one slot in your Custom box (you get 6 slots in the Classic Box size)||$129|
|Drum Sticks||These drum sticks don’t mess around. Get three 1lb. drum sticks and cook ’em however you like. Don’t forget the wing sauce!||$129|
|Whole Pork Tenderloin||A pound of whole pork tenderloin that’s super tender and ridiculously delicious.||$129|
|Burgers||No need to form the patties yourself! Six 1/3lb. burger patties fill one slot in your Custom Box.||$129|
|Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts||A classic choice for a quick dinner, three 1lb. breasts of free range chicken.||$129|
|Pork Chops||Tough to cook, but absolutely delicious. One Custom Box slot nets you four 8oz. pork chops.||$129|
|Top Sirloin||Four 6oz. steaks from grass-fed cows that will make your mouth water with anticipation.||$129|
|Breakfast Sausage||Made by Butcher Box, you’ll get 1lb. of breakfast sausage packed with sage, oregano and sea salt.||$129|
On the surface, this subscription is a great deal with plenty of sustainably-raised meats to choose from…
…and below the surface, it’s still a great food subscription service.
With plenty of customization options to choose from, you’re sure to get only the meats you want at a competitive price for a food subscription box.
Of course, for some people, it might be easier to simply go to the store and buy their meats, but for many of you, this box has plenty of reasons, it’s worth giving a try.
For our full Butcher Box review, just click that link. For now, take a look below at some of the pros and cons.
Below you’ll find an easy-to-read list of the pros and cons.
- Quality, sustainably-raised meats delivered directly to your door each month for a reasonable price.
- Multiple subscription choices that allow you to receive ONLY the meats you love.
- Receive 24 meals a month in the Classic Box or 48 meals a month in the Big Box. The choice is yours.
- Monthly specials allow you to add a completely new meat to your box each month. At the time of this writing, it’s Alaskan Sockeye Salmon.
- Want extra meats? Add-ons are available.
- No signature required upon delivery.
- Free Shipping!
- Choose which meats you want to receive each month in the Custom Box or have them curated by experts in any of the other boxes.
- Each box is shipped in an eco-friendly package with dry ice which keeps your meats cool and fresh.
- Monthly recipes available on the website to help you elevate your dinner game.
- Receive free meat and cash savings on your next box when you refer a friend.
- Extra savings for college students who have a UniDays account.
- Can be a little pricey for people on a tight budget.
- Promo codes are only available to use at the time of sign-up. You cannot apply them to future orders.
Butcher box is currently offering free 2lbs of Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon, with your first Box. That’s not all, Shipping is Free! Click here to get your FREE Salmon!
Are you thinking this is your type of food subscription service? We listed down the easy steps to get this awesome monthly box.
Here is how to join Butcher Box:
1. Enter Your Email & Zip Code
Once you click “Choose Your Plan” or “Order Now”, this is the first bit of information you have to enter.
2. Select Your Box
Choose between the all beef, beef & chicken, beef & pork, the mixed box, and the custom box.
3. Select Your Size
The Classic Box is great for one person. The Big Box is meant for families (and large freezers)
4. Select Your Meat OR Select Your Add-Ons
If you choose the custom box, you’re able to select which cuts of meat you’d like (you can select add-ons as well). If you chose one of the other boxes, you can choose (or not) to add on some extra meats like salmon or bacon.
5. Proceed to Checkout
You know what to do here. Enter your billing and shipping information
6. Be Patient!
Your first box will ship in about a week after you place your order.
More Great Subscription Boxes:
Still not sure if Butcher Box is right for you? Check out these other great subscription boxes.
- For those who love to snack, Universal Yums ships snacks from every corner of the globe.
- If you love all things Japanese, Wowbox ships only the best snacks straight from Japan.
- When you can’t get enough heat, Fuego Box has all the best hot sauces you’ve been dying to try.
So there you have it. An in-depth look at Butcher Box to help you decide whether it’s the right food subscription box for you.
Have you tried this subscription box? Let us know what you think in the comments!