Image: fuegobox.com | Post Images: Mostly via fuegobox.com
Fuego Box  – Is it the best spicy box?
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).Subscription box lovers, today we’re giving you a quick rundown of the hot and spicy food subscription box called Fuego Box!
And because we know how tough finding the right subscription boxes for you can be…
This rundown will be unbiased, no-nonsense, and filled with both the good AND bad aspects of Fuego Box.
For a full review of Fuego Box, keep reading!
Fuego Box is a hot sauce subscription box service based out of Los Angeles, California that delivers unusual and hard to find hot sauces to your door every month for a low monthly fee.
You can order it for yourself, or buy it as a gift for someone else! And if you’re ever in the LA area, they have a brick and mortar shop you can waltz on into and try the latest hot sauces.
Your first box will come with 1, 2, or 3 full-sized hot sauces (depending on your subscription) and a mini tasting notebook and will ship within seven days of placing your order. And the thing is…
The folks at Fuego Box aren’t concerned with sending you hellfire in a box (except in their “Pain Seeker” subscription plan which we’ll explain more about below.) They’re more interested in sharing flavorful hot sauces that won’t send you immediately running to the bathroom.
…But how do they choose their sauces?
Each month a team of Fuego tasters gets together for a tasting party where they try hundreds of hot sauces from around the world and give each one a score. The scores are then averaged, and the hot sauces with the highest scores are chosen for that month’s box, so you KNOW you’re getting something that will kick your meals up a notch without sacrificing flavor.
But not everyone who works there is a hot sauce expert…
Which is why the company has a handful of advisors and hot sauce experts that they consult when choosing their hot sauces. They even join in on the tasting parties.
Want to get this box for yourself or as a gift for someone?
Here are a handful of sauces shipped in previous boxes. All of them are currently for sale in the Fuego Box Hot Sauce Shop on their website.
|Image||Product Name||Best Feature||Price|
|Born to Hula Guajillo Monster Hot Sauce||A Fuego Box exclusive with a bite thanks to the habanero and Guajillo Peppers||$9.95|
|Hot Hive Spicy Honey||Raw, uncooked honey with a Carolina Reaper inside. It starts off at a spice level 4/10, but get spicier the longer it ages.||$11.95|
|All Star Crate||A custom wooden crate filled with 5 of Fuego Box’s favorite hot sauces. The perfect gift for someone who loves spicy flavor!||$49.95|
|Secret Aardvark Habanero Hot Sauce||This tasty sauce would make you want to buy more after you finish your bottle.||$7.95|
|Infinity Sauces Hatch-Quatch||A seasonal hot sauce made with Hatch Peppers. Loaded with flavor.||$7.95|
|Raucous Daucus Hot Sauce||It’s hot sauce made with the rare Bulgarian Carrot Pepper.||$7.95|
|Saint Lucifer Jalapeño Table Spice Seasoning||Throw this spice mix on pretty much anything for a little extra kick.||$7.95|
|Benny T’s Vesta Dry Ghost Hot Sauce||EXTREMELY HOT. The world’s first dry hot sauce made with Ghost Peppers, Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, Carolina Reaper, and habaneros.||$14.95|
Overall, it is a fantastic buy for anyone who can’t get enough hot sauce (and loves subscription boxes.) On the other hand…
The prices may be a little steep for some who would rather buy their own hot sauce from a store. For example, you live near an international food market with an entire section of the store dedicated to hot sauces, Fuego Box isn’t necessary for you when you want to try new sauces. You can just run up there and pick one.
You, however, may only have 10-30 hot sauces to choose from at your local grocery store so Fuego Box is a saving grace if you can’t get enough spiced-up flavor.
Whatever your situation, we’ve put together a quick list of pros and cons below to help you know what to expect when you subscribe, but our full Fuego Box review is where you’ll find an even more detailed description of the things we love about this box…
Along with the stuff we want you to look out for in case it may not be for you.
- An enormous selection of hot sauces from all over the world.
- Skip a shipment or cancel any time.
- Most plans come with free shipping.
- International shipping to many different countries.
- Monthly hot sauce tasting parties by the team guarantee you’ll always get the tastiest hot sauces in your box.
- Focus on flavor over heat.
- If you don’t want to buy a subscription as your gift, they have gift boxes.
- Three different plans with plenty of shipping frequency options.
- Not a great box for people who are picky about their hot sauces.
- No extract-based hot sauces.
- The single-bottle subscription will cost you nearly $20 for one bottle of hot sauce.
Fuego Box is currently offering the following coupon codes:
1) AMIGO for 10% off your first subscription order (coupon applies to renewals, as well!)
2) AMIGOS for $10 off your first subscription box
3) AMIGOZ for $5 off at our Hot Sauce Store
Joining Fuego Box is just as easy as subscribing to any other subscription box.
Here are 5 easy steps to subscribe to the box:
Step #1: Choose Your Subscription
Choose from three different subscriptions:
- The “Dip Your Toe In” plan comes with 1 bottle of hot sauce, shipped every 30 days for $12.95/box +$5 for shipping.
- The “Sauce Lover” plan comes with 3 bottles of hot sauce, shipped every 30 or 90 days (your choice) for $29.95/box and free shipping
- The “Pain Seeker” plan comes with 2 bottles of extra hot sauce, shipped every 30 or 90 days (again, your choice) for $24.95/box and free shipping.
Step #2: Select How Often You Want Sauces
The Sauce Lover and Pain seeker boxes are the only subscriptions that have this step because they offer the monthly and quarterly plans.
Step #3: Choose Your Payment Plan
You can pay for everything upfront (it’s cheaper this way), or pay as you go. Here’s a pricing example from the Sauce Lover plan that’s shipped every 30 days:
- Monthly – $29.95/month
- Prepay 3 months – $28.95/box ($86.85 total cost)
- Prepay 6 months – $27.95/box ($167.70 total cost)
- Prepay 12 months – $26.95/box ($323.40 total cost)
Step #4: Share Your Details and Pay
Enter the usual payment and shipping details and complete your order!
Step #5: Don’t Forget Your Promo Code!
It’s on the same webpage as step #4, under “order summary” on the right-hand side of the screen.
More Great Subscription Boxes:
- Don’t knock vegan food until you’ve tried it… Which you can do with the Vegan Subscription Box.
- Need some meals but don’t know what to buy? The Meal Subscription Box is worth checking out.
- For Shhhnaaaacksh! Get the Snack Box.
So there you have it… A quick rundown that hopefully helps you decide if Fuego Box is your new favorite subscription box. And as a reminder, check out our full Fuego Box review here.
Want to get this box for yourself or as a gift for someone?