Image: freshly.com | Post Images: Mostly via freshly.com
Freshly Review – Is this meal subscription worth it?
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).This Freshly review will help you to answer the question of what to eat if you’re too busy to cook, but don’t want to go out to eat. In increasingly hectic modern lives, eating regular, healthy meals can definitely be a challenge!
With as many meal subscription boxes as there are on the market today, it’s important to be fully equipped to make the best possible choice for your life. Whether you’re more concerned with dietary restrictions, price, or the all-important taste, finding the right subscription box can be a challenging process.
Not to worry, though — this review has got you covered! Read on to learn about Freshly, complete with a handy buyer’s guide.
Freshly is a chef-driven meal subscription service that takes all of the guesswork out of having a meal at home. With 30+ meal choices (and growing!), all ready in 3 minutes, it’s a gourmet a la carte service that you can choose to skip a week of or cancel at any time. Endorsed by such widely-respected outlets as Entrepreneur Magazine and The Huffington Post, it has the backing of thousands of satisfied subscribers.
Want to get this box for yourself or as a gift for someone?
With over 30 options currently available, and more being added all the time, Freshly has something for everybody.
Check out some of their most recent delicious meals:
|Image||Product Name||Best Feature|
|Steak Peppercorn||Steak, veggies, and potatoes — hard to go wrong with a classic!|
|Sicilian-Style Chicken Parm||A favorite of Italian restaurants, now in your home.|
|Buffalo Chicken with Loaded Cauliflower||Hearty and filling, yet healthy|
|Sausage Baked Penne||Pasta night, anyone?|
|Chicken and Rice Pilaf||Low-calorie, high-protein||$|
After checking out all those mouthwatering meal options, you’re probably wondering a few things: How much does it cost? Is it suitable for our dietary restrictions? How do the plans work?
This Freshly review takes all those things (and more!) into account. By the end of this section, you’ll be ready to decide whether to subscribe to Freshly, or whether a meal subscription box is right for you.
6 Things To Love About Freshly
Freshly has a lot to offer as a meal subscription box, from a wide variety of meal choices to being diet-friendly and more. If you’re looking for a meal subscription box with a large degree of customization and flexibility, Freshly just might be the right choice for you.
Here are 6 things to love about Freshly:
1. Simplicity of preparation
Every one of Freshly’s meals is designed to be reheated in just 3 minutes. That’s an amazing time-saver for when you’re coming home hungry and tired after a long day’s work.
2. LOTS of meal choices
At any given time, there are more than 30 meal choices on Freshly… And they rotate them each week, too! If you don’t want to eat the same meal twice, you won’t have to.
With categories like “classics”, “seasonal”, and “rotating selections”, you can really customize your whole meal plan.
3. All meals are gluten- and peanut-free
The company has gone out of their way to make sure that every single one of their meal choices is considerate of these two very common dietary restrictions. Even if you’re not sensitive to these ingredients, your friends (or a date) might be!
4. Great for calorie-conscious diners
Every meal from Freshly comes in between 300 and 650 calories per serving, making them perfect for health-conscious dieters.
5. No artificial preservatives or chemicals
Freshly lives up to its name by making all of their meals genuinely fresh! That means you can rest easy knowing that you’re eating the best-quality meats, grains, and produce with no chemical fillers.
6. Eco-friendly packaging
Everything that your food comes wrapped and shipped in can go directly into your general recycling. Super cool!
3 Things Not To Love about Freshly
As with every meal subscription box you can choose, our Freshly review lists down a few downsides. Though these aren’t a deal breaker by any means, it’s good to be fully informed in your decisions!
Here are 3 things not to love about Freshly:
1. Somewhat inflexible meal plans
Freshly only offers four options for how to get meals delivered each week: 4, 6, 9, or 12 meals. This means that if you’re trying to order only for specific days of the week (like a 5-day work week?), you might end up having to order more meals than you really need.
2. Not able to deliver to every ZIP code
Before you commit to a subscription with Freshly, be sure to check whether your particular part of the country is covered by their delivery service.
You can see whether you’re covered by their delivery here, on their homepage.
3. Limited vegetarian options
At any given time, Freshly only has about 4 completely vegetarian options, and often no vegan options. This can be a problem for certain religious and ethnic groups.
This Freshly Review list the pros and it definitely outweigh the cons with in almost every case. Read on to see if your particular situation is right for subscribing to the Freshly meal plan:
- Incredibly simple meal preparation. At Freshly, they really do all of the work for you before the meal ever arrives. It’s as easy as opening the box, perforating the seals, and reheating in the microwave. Your whole meal can be ready within 5 minutes of you deciding that it’s time to eat
- So many meal choices! By rotating through literally hundreds of meals, Freshly keeps your whole week’s menu, well… Fresh! For the picky eaters amongst us, this variety of choices can be a godsend in helping to liven up nutritional choices.
- Totally fresh and natural ingredients. By avoiding the use of artificial or chemical preservatives, each Freshly meal tastes just like something that you’d cook from entirely fresh ingredients at home… But ready in a fraction of the time.
- Amazingly convenient. With just a few choices made once a week, you can prepare yourself for an entire week of eating healthy dinners. Add that to their calorie-conscious preparations, and Freshly becomes a great way to support a healthy diet and exercise.
- No meal plan for 5 days a week — the length of a standard work week.
- Does not deliver everywhere. Check to make sure that Freshly delivers to your particular zip code!
- Limited vegetarian options. With almost no vegan options, Freshly may not be the best choice for people avoiding animal products.
As far as meal subscription boxes go, Freshly comes in as an affordable option.
Check out their pricing options here:
|4 meals per week||$50/week|
|6 meals per week||$60/week|
|12 meals per week||$108/week|
Freshly does not have any available coupons or promo codes at this moment.
Based on our Freshly review, if you’re short on time, but still wanting to eat healthy meals, Freshly is the perfect pick for you.
Similarly, if you love variety in your meals — Freshly has so much to offer. With affordable meal plans and the ability to cancel anytime, it’s easy to try a few meals and decide whether their style suits you well.
In short, Freshly is definitely worth the price. They’re combining a lot of attractive elements into one affordable meal subscription box, and continuing to grow their company to serve more and more places in the U.S. Best of all, their customer service is on point, meaning you can easily change or cancel your subscription at any time.
The sign-up process for Freshly is quick and painless. Follow these simple steps to get started.
Here is how to join Freshly:
1. Visit the Freshly homepage
Navigate your way to Freshly.com, and scroll down to the middle of their landing page.
2. Fill in your e-mail and ZIP code
Right in the center of their homepage, you’ll find two boxes asking for your e-mail and ZIP code. Fill these out, then hit “submit”.
3. Choose a meal plan
Would you like 4, 6, 9, or 12 meals per week? The more meals you get, the cheaper each meal is.
4. Choose a delivery day
Which day of the week is most convenient for you to receive your meals for the week?
5. Pick your meals!
Now, the fun part: Browse through all the delicious meals available, and choose your favorites.
6. Create an account
Enter your address and payment details, and you’re all set!
More Food Subscription Boxes
Looking for even more great food subscription boxes? Whether Freshly is just right for you, or you feel like you need to shop around more before deciding, there are plenty of options:
- If it’s meat, meat, and more meat that you’re looking for, our Butcher box review is the right place to look.
- Craving something a little more high-end? These Plated reviews might be the right thing for you.
- When charcuterie is your thing, the Carnivore Club should be your go-to.
This Freshly review lets you know just how awesome it is as a meal subscription service. Freshly is doing a lot of things right that other subscription boxes are tripping up on, making it one of our go-to meal subscription boxes for just about anyone.
If you’re perpetually short on time, that’s where Freshly really shines. By simplifying the preparation of all of their meals, you can always eat well — even when you don’t have time, or don’t want to go out to a restaurant.
In conclusion, it’s easy to love Freshly for its ease of use, simple sign-up process, and large variety of meal options. Give it a try and let us know whether it’s right for you!