Archer | Jul 30, 2020 | 0
Image: | Post Images: Mostly via
Sports Crate  – Is it the best sports box for you?
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).So you’ve found this quickfire review of Sports Crate, the only licensed subscription service for MLB and NBA branded items.
And since it’s hard to choose which subscription boxes are right for you, this review has compiled everything you need to know into this handy, little article.
So whether you’re looking for your next new subscription box for yourself, or you’re just trying to find the perfect gift for your sports-loving dad, take a look below and decide for yourself whether or not Sports Crate is the subscription box you’ve been searching for.
Sports Crate is a subscription box service from the ever-popular Loot Crate Inc., who specialize in subscription boxes for all areas of fandom from Sci-Fi to video games to, well… Sports!
Each box comes with officially-licensed professional sports memorabilia (specifically MLB and NBA only) with items such as apparel, collectibles, accessories and more.
Once you pick the team or league you root for and sign yourself up for either the MLB Diamond Crate or the NBA Courtside Crate (or both), you’ll receive a box of unique and sometimes limited-release items delivered directly to your door every other month. Some of them you won’t even find at your local stadium’s merch shop.
And plus, if you like an item from a previous crate SO much that you want a second or third one… You can order it again (based on availability) from the Sports Crate Vault.
Like most of Loot Crate’s subscription boxes, the Sports Box is shipped and charged bi-monthly for a starting price of $29.99. The price decreases depending on how long you subscribe.
Want to get this box for yourself or as a gift for someone?
Here’s a table of just a handful of items you can expect to receive when subscribed to Sports Crate.
All of the items listed are available for purchase in the Vault, where you can buy items from previous crates (all items are based on availability. Some may have been sold out for specific teams and generally won’t make a return to the shop)
|Product Name||Best Feature||Price|
|Stadium Apron||Represent your team while keeping the party fed chugging along.||$14.99|
|Bottle Opener Coasters||Protect your surfaces and open bottles with this handy team-branded combo.||$9.99|
|Spring Training T-Shirt||Show the other team who’s boss with this shirt with your favorite player’s autograph!||$14.99|
|Team Flag||Admit it, you’ve always wanted a flag for your favorite team.||$12.99|
|Cooler||Branded cooler bags that clearly represent your team spirit.||$12.99|
|Cornhole Game||One branded cup, some ping pong balls, and a couple pieces of chalk.||$9.99|
|Bringin’ the Heat Shirt||A uniquely designed shirt that you probably won’t find in the merch shop.||$19.99|
Some of the brands featured in the boxes include Tervis, Mitchell & Ness, ’47, and Stance, which are all trusted brands in the sports merchandise industry.
You’ll also receive a featured item in every crate that’s branded with your team’s logo and/or colors. For example, the November NBA Courtside Crate comes with branded shoelaces so you can rep your team every time you throw your favorite pair of sneakers on.
It offers three different subscription frequencies at three different price points:
- Pay bi-monthly – $29.99 per crate
- Pay every 6 months – $28.50 per crate
- Pay yearly – $27.00 per crate.
So if you pay for a yearly subscription instead of paying bi-monthly, you’ll save about $18 for 6 boxes (a year’s worth of boxes.)
For the most part, the crate has some fantastic benefits and only a few minor hiccups.
Here are the pros and cons of Sports Crate:
- 5-7 Unique and exclusive, high-quality items branded with your #1 team’s brand and colors at $50 actual retail value for only $29.99.
- Shipping is included in the cost of the box, so it’s technically free shipping.
- Refer-A-Friend Rewards program allows you to gain a $5 credit whenever a friend of yours with a new account uses your referral code to buy something from Sportscrate.com. These credits can be applied to renewals/rebills.
- FREE annual subscription to Sports Illustrated if you buy the MLB Diamond Crate (on purchases of $20.01 or more)
- NBA Courtside Crate subscribers receive specials offers from the NBA and partners of your chosen team.
- Special discounts on future limited edition boxes and 10% savings when you purchase an annual subscription box.
- Automatic entry into “Golden Ticket Sweepstakes” (with the purchase of an annual subscription.)
- Access to the Vault, a selection of items from past crates.
- At the time of this writing, your team might not be included in Sports Crate. There are only 20 MLB teams and 13 NBA teams, but more will be available in the future. (Minor discrepancy: The website says there are 10 MLB teams you can choose from, but the dropdown that allows you to pick your team lists 20. According to our research, you should be able to subscribe to any of them.)
- Refer-A-Friend credits CANNOT be applied to new purchases. Only renewals/rebills.
- No international shipping.
- Crates are not customizable (unless you count choosing your team.)
- Items are not returnable or refundable if you don’t like them. You can return items that don’t fit though, (although this depends on the customer service rep you’re talking to.)
No coupon currently available.
To become a member, you’ll only need about 5 minutes and your credit card.
Here is how to join Sports Crate:
1. Choose Your Box and Team
Choose between the MLB Diamond Crate or the NBA Courtside Crate, and select your team from the dropdown menu.
2. Pick Your Plan
- Bi-monthly Subscription – $29.99 per crate
- Half-Year Subscription – $28.50 per crate
- Yearly Subscription – $27.00 per crate.
3. Size Me Up
Choose your shirt and pants sizes since you’ll usually receive clothes in your boxes.
4.Create an Account and Enter Your Details
Shipping, billing, etc. are all handled in this step. If you don’t want a subscription to Sports Illustrated (MLB Diamond Crate only), be sure to uncheck the box as it’s automatically selected for you.
5. Relax and Await Your New Swag
Don’t worry. In 1-2 months (depending on when you order), your exclusive, officially licensed gear will be at your door.
More Great Sports Subscription Boxes
Into other sports? Check out other reviews on other sports-inspired subscription boxes.
- The Pro Wrestling Crate is perfect for anyone who can’t get enough hard-hitting professional wrestling action.
- For those who love the outdoors and outdoor sports, have the Cairn Box delivered to your neck of the woods.
- Wham, bam, and body slam into the official WWE Slam Crate.
So there it is. A quick rundown of all things Sports Crate. Hopefully you now have a stronger understanding of what comes inside a subscription and you’ve decided whether you like it or not.
Why not check out other subscription box articles?
Want to get this box for yourself or as a gift for someone?