AJ | Nov 28, 2018 | 0
Bright Cellars – Is it a great wine of the month club?
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links (what is this?)Subscription boxes from Bright Cellars are a favorite of sommelier and novices alike.
This wine of the month club has finding great wines down to a science, and provides a service that is hard to beat. In this post I’ll let you in on how Bright Cellars works, and share all the pros and cons to help you make the best decision.
So, whether you’re just starting to explore the wide world of wine or you could identify a vintage blindfolded…
Let’s find out if Bright Cellars is the right wine of the month club for you.
Bright Cellars is the perfect combination of mathematics and wine. Don’t worry, you don’t have any homework to do…
But there is a quiz.
The 7-question quiz establishes your taste preferences, and is the key to this amazing service. Founded by MIT grads, Bright Cellars uses an algorithm much like Netflix to choose the perfect wine for you from their selection of unique wines and hidden gems.
But the customization keeps getting better and better as you rate the taste tested, select wines Bright Cellars chooses for you. And anytime you have a question or an issue with a selection, you can always reach out to their concierge for a personal response.
Once you’ve created your taste profile, Bright Cellars will match you with four bottles of wine each month. Since your package contains alcohol, someone 21 or over must be present to sign for it – so if it’s possible, shipping to your place of work might be the safest option.
So, what’s the bottom line? A subscription to Bright Cellars’ customized wine selections is $88 a month. That’s a flat shipping rate of $8 per package, and $20 per bottle of wine.
Is a subscription that matches you with unique vintages from small vineyards around the world worth that price?
In the next few sections, we’ll take a closer look at this wine of the month club to help you make the best decision.
Want to get this box for yourself or as a gift for someone?
What better way to evaluate this wine subscription than by taking a look at some of the wines they offer?
Take a peek inside my first Bright Cellars box. Keep in mind this box was based on my preferences. Among other things, I specified that I prefer reds, but that they could throw in a white every now and then if they think I’d like it.
Your box will be based on what you like, but this should give you an idea of the quality of the bottles in their cellar.
With Bright Cellar you pay $20 per bottle, regardless of the normal sale price. The price column in the table below shows you the retail price of each bottle so you can see how a wine subscription means savings.
|Image||Product Name||Best Feature||Price|
|Obscura Pinto Noir 2016||A blend of fruity flavors and baking spices means this wine pairs wonderfully with a wide range of savory dishes.||$23|
|Jetbird Petit Verdot 2017||Full bodied and dry, this California wine goes great with hard cheeses and dark chocolate.||$20|
|Batik Muscat of Alexandria 2017||Juicy and sweet, this white wine has tropical flavors that blend perfectly with spicy dishes.||$21|
There’s a lot to dig into with a wine subscription like this…
And we go in depth into everything you want to know in our complete Bright Cellars review. We’ll give you our complete and honest review of everything we love and anything we’d improve.
For now, take a look at the pros and cons list below.
- Total customization – Every bottle of wine is chosen specifically for you with a system that only gets better over time. If a bottle is way off they’ll even make it up to you with a replacement the next month.
- Flexibility – You’re never trapped in with subscription lengths. Skip months as you need and cancel anytime.
- Member perks – In addition to unique wines at discounted prices, members get rewards for every referral.
- Price – At $88 a month, Bright Cellars isn’t the cheapest wine of the month club available. Still, this is a good value for the service if your budget can accommodate it.
- Bare bones – Unlike many other subscriptions, Bright Cellars isn’t big on the freebies. Forget stoppers and corkscrews, but we’d settle like a tasting guide or info booklet. It’s all online… but still.
- Tunnel Vision – As awesome as it is getting wines you’re statistically likely to enjoy, this can seriously cut down on your variety. I know, you can’t have your cake and eat it too… But if your priority is trying lots of different wine varieties, take this into account.
There is no current coupon or promo code from Bright Cellars.
Even with a quiz, joining Bright Cellars is quick and easy. Follow these three steps to join.
Here are 3 incredibly easy steps to subscribe to Bright Cellars:
Step 1: Wine Quiz
It all starts with a quick 7-question quiz designed to get an idea of your preferences. You can see the first 4 wines based on your preferences and decide whether or not to keep going.
Step 2: Enter your Info
Enter the your shipping and payment information to make sure your wine gets where it needs to go.
Step 3: Enjoy and Rate
Before you know it your first set of 4 bottles will greet you at the door. Be sure to rate your bottles so Bright Cellars can keep perfecting your preferences.
More Great Food of the Month Clubs
Looking for more subscriptions to keep the best beverages coming straight to you? Check out these articles for more suggestions:
- Read our reviews of all the best wine of the month clubs on mantelligence.com here.
- Read our reviews of all the best beer of the month clubs on mantelligence.com here.
- See how Winc uses their own wineries to make finding great wine easy.
- Check out our take on the microbrews with our Craft Beer Club review on mantelligence.com here.
- Get alerted to rare beers you could never find in stores with Tavour on mantelligence.com here.
Has Bright Cellars found the formula for the perfect wine of the month club?
You’re going to have to work that out for yourself. One thing we are sure of… subscription boxes from Bright Cellar are an easy, low commitment way to try wines you’re sure to love.
Cheers, and subscribe responsibly.
Want to get this box for yourself or as a gift for someone?